Meg has been part of Valley Vision since 2014, recently serving as Interim CEO in early 2020, with work focused predominantly in the Clean Economy impact area, as well as projects in the Innovation & Infrastructure, and Leadership and Civic Engagement impact areas. In Clean Economy, Meg’s work includes leading the Cleaner Air Partnership (CAP), chairing the Capital Region Climate Readiness Collaborative (CRC), serving on the Mayors’ Climate Commission, and developing tools to increase business resilience in the era of climate change. Meg also managed the SlingShot project, which granted $750,000 to regional entrepreneurship support organizations, and supported the feasibility stage of the California Mobility Center (CMC).
Meg’s career in the Sacramento region began in 2001 and includes roles supporting startup companies emerging from research labs at UC Davis, strategic counsel to Drexel University when it opened a campus in Sacramento in 2008, and as CEO of SARTA, the Sacramento Regional Technology Alliance, a non-profit which laid the groundwork for the current flourishing of regional support for innovation and entrepreneurship, particularly in technology sectors.
Prior to moving to Sacramento in 2001, Meg worked in multinational lending and in strategy and business development in the telecommunications industry in Toronto, New York, and London.
Affiliations & Awards
- Comstock’s Magazine editorial board, co-chair (board member since 2013; co-chair as of 2017)
- Senior Fellow, American Leadership Forum – Mountain Valley Chapter, Class XVII, (2013-2014)
- Woman Who Mean Business Award, Sacramento Business Journal (2013)
- Metro Chamber Study Mission, leadership (2011 – 2013)
- Economic Development Leader of the Year, Valley Vision (2011)
- Metro Chamber’s Cap-to-Cap, leadership (2010-2013; 2017 – current)
Sailing. Enjoying our backyard on a summer evening. Our Goldendoodle, especially when she needs a haircut and looks like an Ewok. Fresh veggies from our front yard vegetable garden. Plugging in my Nissan Leaf.