Sacramento State University Ballroom
October 4, 2022
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
The first-ever Livability Summit on October 4th, 2022 will help inspire regional unity through engaging dialogue, inspirational perspectives, and collaborative idea-generation. Together, we’ll take a deeper look at Valley Vision’s research findings and participate in a series of conversations around how we can come together to improve quality of life for all residents.
Through sharing new data, welcoming dialogue, and practicing honest conversation, the Livability Summit creates a space where all voices and perspectives are heard and an opportunity to align goals and vision, build trust across diverse groups, and establish a common foundation for action. At the Livability Summit – your voice belongs and your voice makes change.
The day includes:
- A regional wellness check presented through Valley Vision’s latest research findings from The Livability Poll to help us understand the most pressing issues facing our region
- A series of collaborative, action-oriented discussions about how we make change as a collective community
- Group conversations to share views, ideas, and input about priorities and unity
- A discussion featuring young adults who will share their unique perspectives on what livability means for the next generation and what priorities matter to them most
- Featured guest speaker discussions on how to unite around solutions to some of our toughest, most complex issues like equitable economies, affordable housing, and homelessness.
- Interactive activities, community paint-by-numbers mural painting, and live entertainment
- 8:00 a.m. Doors open
- 8:00–9:00 a.m. Registration, networking and community mural painting
- 9:00 a.m. Event Kick Off
- Presentation of The Livability Poll findings
- Community Spotlight: North Sacramento’s perspective on livability
- A Livable Future: What livability means to the next generation
Noon – Lunch
- Alicia John-Baptiste, CEO of Spur talks about equitable communities
- A regional action plan for homelessness
- Affordable housing and equitable neighborhoods
- 3:00 p.m. Event Concludes
This event has concluded. Stay tuned for more information about next year’s event!
To inquire about event sponsor opportunities, please contact Brittnii Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.