WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
Valley Vision is committed to providing a web experience that meets the needs of as many visitors as possible. We’re continually working to improve the accessibility and usability of our site, so that all users have an excellent experience.
Our ongoing accessibility effort works towards conforming to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1, level AA criteria. These guidelines not only help make web content accessible to users with sensory, cognitive, and mobility disabilities, but ultimately to all users, regardless of ability.
If you experience any difficulty using this site or have feedback that will help us to provide a better user experience, please contact us at email@example.com.
Last updated December 12, 2023
Valley Vision (“We” or “Us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us when you visit the website valleyvision.org (our “Website”), along with our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to the information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website.
It does not apply to information collected by any third-party website when you click on links to external content or when you interact with a third-party feature on our Website, such as a YouTube video.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not register on the Website, do not use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, and do not provide any information about yourself including your name, address, telephone number, and email address. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us as soon as possible at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
The information that we may collect from and about you when you visit our Website, includes information:
- By which you may be contacted, such as your name, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”) , if you provide it by filling out the form on this Website.
- Records and copies of communications between you and Valley Vision (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details, which may be automatically collected as you navigate through the site using technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, which is collected through automatic data collection technologies, as more fully described below.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- YouTube Technologies. We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode.
- Tracking Pixels. Pages of our website may contain embedded HTML code snippets that permit Valley Vision to track user visits to our website pages and behavior on those pages, which allow third-party advertising partners to display Valley Vision content and advertisements on those third-party websites and services.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Valley Vision, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To advertise our services to you, including through third-party websites and services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
Aggregated information is information about our users combined, instead of about a single user. We may disclose aggregated information about our users or information about a single user that does not identify the individual, without restriction, including aggregated information gathered via cookies, web beacons, and tracking pixels.
We may disclose your Personal Information that we collect for the following purposes:
- To service providers, contractors, and other third parties that support our business and who are bound by contract to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the business purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- As part of a change in business structure or ownership of Valley Vision. We may disclose Personal Information to the buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Valley Vision assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Valley Vision about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Valley Vision, our customers, or others.
Valley Vision does not display any targeted advertising on our Website. However, we participate in interest-based advertising and use third-party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertisements on other websites, apps, or services, including on Facebook, Snapchat, various Google services, LinkedIn, and other social networks, or on other devices you may use. These third-party ad networks use tracking technologies to recognize your browser or device and to collect information about your visit to our Website to provide you customized content, advertising, and commercial messages, including from Valley Vision, which may be more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research.
Please note that we use our best efforts and take multiple steps to avoid the collection of information for targeted advertising purposes from children under 13, including by prohibiting children under 13 from creating a user profile on the Website, and by prohibiting any use of the Website by children under 13 in this policy.
To learn about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI’s) online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) resources at http://www.aboutads.info/choices. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest-based ads” (Android). You may also be able to opt-out of some — but not all — interest-based ads served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app.
Please note that opting-out of receiving interest-based advertising through the NAI’s and DAA’s online resources will only opt-out a user from receiving interest-based ads on that specific browser or device, but the user may still receive interest-based ads on their other devices. You must perform the opt-out on each browser or device you use.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
User-Supplied Information: This information is used to respond to your inquiry or request or contact you. We may add your name, email, and mailing address to our mailing list database. We may also use this information to improve our internal operations, as well as to ensure that we: (i) conduct research; (ii) properly perform the services you have requested; and (iii) provide anonymous reporting for internal clients.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising, which you might access by clicking on external links included within our site. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information used in this way. As more fully described above, you can opt-out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on the NAI’s website, and additional resources are available through DAA.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Opting Out: You may register to receive communications from us directly on the Website. After you register, we will periodically send you newsletters and other emails featuring special offers, promotions, and other benefits. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, please let us know by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our emails. Our email database is continually updated. However, you may continue to receive email communications from us for up to ten business days from the time we receive your unsubscribe request.
We have implemented industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username or password or any other breach of security. You may report unauthorized access by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Mobile SMS Terms and Conditions
There is no fee from Valley Vision to receive text messages. Message and data rates may apply — this can be checked with your mobile service provider. Charges are billed and payable to your mobile service provider or deducted from your prepaid account. Consent is not a requirement for purchase.
Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your mobile phone number, your carrier’s name, and the date, time, and content of your messages. We may use this information to contact you and provide the services you request from us. Alerts sent via SMS may not be delivered if the mobile phone is not in range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within a coverage area, factors beyond the control of the wireless operator may interfere with message delivery, including the customer’s equipment, terrain, proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather. Wireless operators do not guarantee message delivery and will not be held liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS message as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator.
By subscribing to Valley Vision alerts, the user consents to receive automated text messages and recurring messages from Valley Vision. Message & data rates may apply.
All above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.
To register a complaint or concern, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.