Adrian joined Valley Vision in 2014 as an Intern, supporting projects to deploy broadband to the underserved, advance an equitable food system, and align workforce development and jobs programs. Today he manages Valley Vision’s ‘Clean Economy’ portfolio, which includes the Cleaner Air Partnership, an initiative that has existed since 1986 to improve air quality across the 6-County Sacramento region, and more recent efforts (since 2017) to facilitate community-led air protection efforts in North and South Sacramento. Adrian also leads some of Valley Vision’s communications activities.
Before joining Valley Vision, Adrian worked on state and local political campaigns, interned with a global nonprofit to help build the next generation of leaders, authored a popular online socioeconomics column, and more.
Adrian is a product of an unconventional upbringing in the quirky ‘State of Jefferson,’ having been born and raised in the rural Mendocino County redwoods and spending his teenage years in Southern Oregon. Growing up on ten acres of dense foliage honed his brush clearing and wood chopping skills, which haven’t (yet) proved useful as a Valley Vision team member.
Affiliations & Awards
- Climate Reality Leadership Corps (2022)
- California Stewardship Network Leadership Program, graduate (2020)
- Oak Park Neighborhood Association, Board of Directors (2018-)
- Sacramento Food Policy Council, Steering Committee (2018-)
- Global Shapers – Sacramento Hub, member (2017-)
- Sacramento City Management Academy, graduate (2017)
- Oak Park Sol, neighborhood leadership team (2017)
B.A. in Political Science – University of California, Davis; Minor in History
Pen and ink drawing. Backpacking in the Sierras. Filmmaking in the woods. 1980s horror movies. Road tripping in his Honda Odyssey “art car.” Cooking and eating. Hoppy beer. Multi-day music festivals with friends. Talking to strangers.