Adrian joined Valley Vision in 2014 as an intern, supporting projects to deploy broadband to the underserved, advance an equitable food system, and bring people of different political views together in dialogue. Today he manages the Cleaner Air Partnership, a regional initiative to protect health and promote economic growth, and is helping to facilitate community-led air protection efforts in North and South Sacramento. Adrian also manages Valley Vision’s online presence, email newsletters, and social media.
Before joining Valley Vision, Adrian worked on various political campaigns, interned with a global nonprofit to help build the next generation of leaders, authored a popular online socioeconomics column, and more.
Adrian is a product of an unconventional upbringing in the quirky ‘State of Jefferson,’ having been born and raised in the rural Mendocino County redwoods and spending his teenage years in Southern Oregon. Growing up on ten acres of dense foliage honed his brush clearing and wood chopping skills, which haven’t (yet) proved useful as a Valley Vision team member.
Affiliations & Awards
- California Stewardship Network Leadership Program, graduate (2020)
- Oak Park Neighborhood Association, Board of Directors (2018-)
- Sacramento Food Policy Council, Steering Committee (2018-)
- Global Shapers – Sacramento Hub, member (2017-)
- Sacramento City Management Academy, graduate (2017)
- Oak Park Sol, neighborhood leadership team (2017)
- KUTZ FM Freeform Radio, DJ (2017)
- Harvest Sacramento, harvest leader (2016-)
B.A. in Political Science – University of California, Davis; Minor in History
Painting. Backpacking in the Sierras. Filmmaking. 1980s horror movies. Road tripping in his minivan. Cooking and eating. Hoppy beer. Multi-day music festivals. Talking to strangers.