Alan joined Valley Vision in 2015 as the organization’s chief operating officer. He helps design and implement processes that allow the organization and staff to achieve project and organizational goals as effectively as possible. Alan also manages special projects with specific focus on the organization’s Healthy Communities strategy.
Before joining Valley Vision, Alan spent 15 years working in the Sacramento region’s nonprofit sector. He has successfully led dozens of research and planning projects aimed at improving the quality and impact of health and social services in the Sacramento region. The scope and scale of those efforts have ranged from comprehensive service plans for HIV services to disaster response plans for vulnerable populations. He has created policy and procedure manuals for all aspects of organizational operations, crafted agency budgets and budget tracking tools, designed staff development programs and performance evaluation methods, and supported organizations through leadership transitions.
Affiliations & Awards
In addition to leadership positions with area nonprofits, Alan has served on more than a half dozen nonprofit and advisory group boards, including:
- Sacramento Employment and Training Agency, community action board (2011-2015)
- Sacramento Hunger Coalition (2009-2014)
- Income Tax Assistance Steering Committee, volunteer (2012-2015)
- West Sacramento Partners (2009-2012)
- Yolo Family Service Agency (2011-2016)
- Bachelor’s degree – University of California, Berkeley
- Master of Public Administration – University of Southern California
Working in the yard. Live sporting events. Live music venues. Tropical vacations. Walking the dogs. Long-term investing.