For nearly a decade, Hilary’s career has been in workforce development, managing clean energy job training programs in the North Valley region. Through this work, she built strong partnerships with job training organizations, employers, and educational institutions. Hilary looks forward to focusing on new economic sectors and innovative career pathways to improve the livability of the residents of Valley Vision’s Impact Areas and beyond.
Hilary Tellesen began her professional career teaching at Butte-Glenn Community College and at California State University Chico as an associate faculty lecturer. During that time, she worked for the EOP (Educational Opportunities Program), EAP (Early Assessment Program), and the Summer Bridge programs. These early professional experiences concentrated on academic success rather than matriculation into the workplace, but the programs successfully developed Hilary’s personal commitment to the work of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity.
Hilary has an MA in English from California State University, Chico, and a BA in Drama.
When not at work Hilary can be found bird-watching or hatching a plan for an avant-garde theater experience.
Hilary’s Top 5 Strengths
- Context – Enjoys thinking about the past. Understands the present by researching its history.
- Communication – Generally find it easy to put their thoughts into words. Good conversationalist and presenter.
- Relator – Enjoys close relationships with others. Find deep satisfaction in working hard with friends to achieve a goal.
- Learner – Great desire to learn and wants to continuously improve. The process of learning, rather than the outcome, excites them.
- Woo – Loves the challenge of meeting new people and winning them over. Derives satisfaction from breaking the ice and making a connection with another person.
CliftonStrengths is a talent assessment tool developed by Gallup to help individuals maximize their unique talents. At Valley Vision, all staff have the opportunity to take this assessment to help better understand their natural strengths and increase our team’s ability for radical collaboration.