CAP Technical Advisory: Carbon Farming (June 2022)
At the Cleaner Air Partnership’s June 2022 Technical Advisory Committee meeting, participants discussed ‘carbon farming,’ which has become more prevalent as a way to address the climate crisis in the Sacramento region.
Thank you to the generous contributors to the Cleaner Air Partnership: Sac Metro Air District, Teichert, SMUD, Sutter Health, Union Pacific, Sacramento Association of REALTORS®, Placer County Air Pollution Control District, Yolo-Solano Air Quality Management District, El Dorado County Air Quality Management District, North State Building Industry Association, PG&E, CEMEX, and the Healthy Air Alliance.
Subject Matter Experts:
- Todd Smith, Planning Director, County of Sacramento
- Majdi Abou Najm, Associate Professor of Soil Biophysics, UC Davis
- Campbell Ingram, Executive Officer, Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Conservancy
- Humberto Izquierdo, Agriculture Commissioner, County of Yolo
- Kate Reza, Program Manager, Yolo County Resource Conservation District