Sector Studies: Advanced Manufacturing and Transportation
Strong Workforce Program (SWP)
The Los Rios Community College District, in partnership with Valley Vision, and in collaboration with Lake Tahoe Community College, Sierra College, and Yuba Community College District, invests Strong Workforce funding to organize and convene Regional Advisories. The objectives of the Regional Advisory meetings are to build strong relationships between employers, educators, and the workforce.
Recordings, presentations, and meeting proceeding reports from the Advanced Manufacturing & Transportation (AMT) industry advisories are available here for all workforce development stakeholders.
- Spring 2021 Regional Industry Advisory: Automation & AI in Agriculture and Manufacturing
- Fall 2020 Regional Industry Advisory: Beverage Creation, Production, Distribution and Retail
- Summer 2019 Manufacturing Regional Advisory Committee Meeting
- Spring 2017 Let’s Talk Manufacturing Luncheon
- Spring 2016 Advanced Manufacturing Cluster Forum
Workforce Needs Assessment
The following Workforce Needs Assessment reports present findings on the analysis of the Advanced Manufacturing industry cluster. The reports provide overviews of the cluster, industry trends and economic impact, as well as overviews of the top demand occupations in the cluster requiring postsecondary education or training, along with projected occupational demand, institutions providing related education and training, and possible workforce gaps.
Valley Vision and partners are working across the region to address the key findings from these Strong Workforce advisories and assessments as part of Developing a Ready Workforce.