Sector Studies: Health and Life Sciences
Strong Workforce Program (SWP)
The Los Rios Community College District, in partnership with Valley Vision, and in collaboration with Lake Tahoe Community College, Sierra College, and Yuba Community College District, invests Strong Workforce funding to organize and convene Regional Advisories. The objectives of the Regional Advisory meetings are to build strong relationships between employers, educators, and workforce.
Recordings, presentations, and meeting proceeding reports from the Health & Life Sciences (HLS) industry advisories are available here for all workforce development stakeholders.
- Fall 2023 HLS Regional Workforce Advisory: Mental and Behavioral Health Careers
- Fall 2022 HLS Regional Workforce Advisory: Biotechnology Careers
- Fall 2021 HLS Regional Workforce Advisory: Nursing and Allied Health
- Spring 2021: HLS Regional Advisory: Gerontology, Geriatrics & Business Services
- Fall 2020 HLS Regional Advisory: Emergency Medical Services & Emergency Technician/Paramedic
Workforce Needs Assessment
The following Workforce Needs Assessment and Workforce Development Recommendations reports present findings on the analysis of the Life Sciences & Health Services industry cluster. These reports provide overviews of the cluster, industry trends and economic impact, as well as overviews of the top demand occupations in the cluster requiring postsecondary education or training, along with projected occupational demand, institutions providing related education and training, and possible workforce gaps.
- Mental and Behavioral Health Workforce Needs Assessment (2020)
- Workforce Needs Assessment: Life Sciences and Health Services (2015)
- Next Economy: Workforce Development Recommendations for Life Sciences and Health Services Industry Cluster (2014)
Valley Vision and partners are working across the region to address the key findings from these advisories and assessments as part of Developing a Ready Workforce.