Sector Studies: Hospitality, Culinary, and Tourism
Strong Workforce Program (SWP)
The Los Rios Community College District, in partnership with Valley Vision, and in collaboration with Lake Tahoe Community College, Sierra College, and Yuba Community College District, invests Strong Workforce funding to organize and convene Regional Advisories. The objectives of the Regional Advisory meetings are to build strong relationships between employers, educators, and workforce.
Recordings, presentations, and meeting proceeding reports from the Hospitality, Culinary, and Tourism (HCT), industry advisories are available here for all workforce development stakeholders.
- Spring 2022 Hospitality, Culinary, and Tourism Regional Advisory
- Fall 2021 Retail, Hospitality, and TourismRegional Advisory
- Spring 2021 Retail, Hospitality, and TourismRegional Advisory
- Fall 2020 Regional Industry Advisory: Beverage Creation, Production, Distribution and Retail
Workforce Needs Assessment
The following Workforce Needs Assessment reports and presentations present findings on the analysis of the Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation industry cluster. The resources provide overviews of the cluster, industry trends and economic impact, as well as overviews of the top demand occupations in the cluster requiring postsecondary education or training, along with projected occupational demand, institutions providing related education and training, and possible workforce gaps.
- Workforce Needs Assessment: Hospitality, Leisure, & Tourism (2019)
- Presentation: Hospitality, Leisure, & Tourism Cluster Forum (2019)
Valley Vision and partners are working across the region to address the key findings from these assessments as part of Developing a Ready Workforce.